Valentines day is approaching in Miami and around the world. I personally don’t celebrate it full on like I used to back in high school but I like to see people get creative and all cute about it. In my eyes when you’re with the right person, everyday is Valentine’s Day *Insert corny punchline here* Anyway this is about YOU and YOUR plans, so read on.
I wanted to put together a list of places to go, or things to do around town in Miami to take your honey, celebrate Galentines, or yourself.
Dinners on rooftops, some low key dim lighting, and water view restaurants always set a romantic mood. Some of my personal favorites listed below.
• Sugar at EAST Miami – Enjoy the breathtaking city views from the 40th floor with unique cocktail menu and shareable plates.
• Astra – This restaurant opened one month ago! Make reservations and be one of the first ones to explore the 3rd floor rooftop city views and Mediterranean cuisine in the heart of Wynwood.
• KYU – Dim lighting all the way giving it that sexy, mysterious vibe. Grab a dirty martini at the bar if you need that liquid courage, or if you’re just feeling it. Then proceed to enjoy your Japanese bites.
• Smith & Wollensky– Dinner by the water? Count me in. Soak in Miami while enjoying the exquisite tastes of S&W. PS: Their split pea soup is my favorite appetizer…
Looking for the music melodies to fall in love to? There will be some concerts in town if you want to be serenaded by Andrea Bocelli, Micheal Buble (Feb 15th), or jump into some hip-hop/rap vibes with A$AP Rocky.
Do you Boo-Boo.
Here are some different options for your V Date plans.
• Miami Comedy Show – Valentine’s Day Edition at Barter, Wynwood
Laughter is always a good ice breaker, hopefully it’s not a one sided joke kind of night.. lol?
• Love at First Bite at The Conrad Hotel Dig in a 3 – course pre-fixed menu with your loved one and add in some wine pairing for the extra taste.
• Cooking Class in the Vizcaya Village Discover simple tapas recipes as you move station to station and enjoy the bites along the way.
• Valentine’s Day Under Sunlit Sky in Giralda Plaza Giralda always has that romantic ‘under the starts’ feel at night. On Valentine’s you can enjoy complimentary flowers, candy, selfie photobooth fun, and live music under their latest installation ‘Sunlit Sky.’
Flying solo or with your flock? Check out these fun events.
• It’s Not You, It’s Me – Singles Party at Barsecco in Brickell
• Speed Dating on Valentines Day at Berries in the Grove
• Feeling Myself Singles Valentines Party at the Deck in Wynwood
• Cafe Anna’s Couples Creation Valentine’s Day Edition at the Grant Center Banquet Hall (you don’t need to be a couple or have a partner to attend!)
• Valentine Speed Dating at SLS Hyde Beach
If you’re looking for the ultimate Miami gift, you’re in luck. Here in Miami, local Cuban restaurant Islas Canarias is offering croquetas in heart shaped boxes for your loved one. Reading on the box “I love you like a Cuban loves croquetas,” very suitable. Because why not pig out together? Or by yourself #noshame you can still pre-order these for pick up!
Staying in? Get creative and host your own cooking class, try a new recipe and enjoy the final result after. Curl up with with wine and a romantic comedy, maybe with some croquetas, who knows? Just throwing it out there. Throw in a bath bomb and face mask, because why not? Whatever your plans may be on this love-filled week, I hope you get to snag some croquetas, rose wine, candy and choclates.
Show your boo love, your family and friends, and yourself, duh!