Hey hey! So today is my 27th Birthday and what else to do than make a list of twenty seven things. I wanted to share some fun and factual things about me since I realized I never really did a self intro about myself on here.
- I was born in Miami, moved to and lived 5 years in Dublin, Ireland & 5 years Panama City, Panama. Then back to Miami after that.
- Nicaraguan & German descent. I speak Spanish and only know a few words in German. My dad would be the only one I could communicate with though *cries in German*
- I have two sisters ❤️ one is older and currently lives in Colombia, and the younger one lives in Miami.
- I initially wanted to be a lawyer growing up. That changed after I took a law studies class my senior year of High School, too much legal reading for me. I then switched to wanting to be a Chiropractor because I was working part time at one while at college. Chemistry and I were not BFF’s so we broke things off. I chose the generic Business Administration for my A.A., and when it came to decision time I decided to do my Bachelor’s in Marketing. I also have a minor in E-marketing & Social Media #GoFIUPanthers
- I’ve always been very into all things photography. I have a Nikon D3200 I’m trying to spend more time with this year.
- I’m a very visual person, I love aesthetically pleasing things. So I really admire an eye pleasing advertisement or art piece.
- I’ve never seen ‘The Notebook‘ can you believe!? I know the story and have seen the famous scenes but have never sat down to watch it.
- Growing up I’ve always had a pull towards liking to read and write in general. I would enjoy painting and drawing when I was younger, I took after my Grandmother on my father’s side.
- My nails will always be painted. Unless it’s quarantine, or once/twice a year I give them a break to breathe. Don’t judge me.
- I’ve traveled a lot, it’s one of my favorite experiences to enjoy in life. From boarding the plane, settling into the hotel, and organizing the trip. Some of the most special countries I’ve been to are New Zealand and Japan. Total culture shocks.
- Japanese is by far my favorite cuisine, especially their sweets…mmm Mochi. Side note; also a huge fan of Sailor Moon and Matcha from the Japanese culture.
- Indie Pop and Alternative Rock are my favorite music genres. I also like country, reggaeton, and pretty much the radio top hits.
- Obsessed with Taylor Swift a.k.a why she’s listed number 13 #IYKYK
- I played Volleyball in High School, and Soccer throughout Elementary & Middle school, along with Track and Field.
- Wine lover – I’m a sucker for a good Cab, but I don’t discriminate.
- I eat pizza at most once a week, add in some wine and it’s the perfect combo.
- Favorite book is ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower‘ by Stephen Chbosky.
- A favorite movie is hard to pick, but I do really enjoy the Christopher Nolan Batman movies and Inception with celebrity crush Leonardo Dicaprio. I can also watch Titanic anytime it’s on, so is that considered my fav?
- My go to cocktail drink is vodka soda with lime, but I’ve been into some spicy margaritas lately though.
- Marvel FAN-atic!! My favorite character is Iron Man, I love his sarcasm and tech-savvy charisma.
- Target & Nordstrom are my top two favorite stores that I can browse for hours without even noticing.
- Unpopular opinion… I don’t like cheese, butter, cream cheese, white plain milk, or whipped cream. I am not lactose intolerant, I checked. The smell and flavors just don’t do it for me. I’ll eat cheese on my pizza of course, lasagna, and if it’s mixed in with something I’ve grown tolerance for it. It’s just not something I would add to my food, like a burger or parmesan on pasta. Sorry guys, call me crazy.
- My favorite podcast is Wabi Sabi by Candice Kumai, she’s a total boss babe. I also listen to some episodes of Velvet’s Edge by Kelly Henderson, and Getting Curious with JVN by Jonathan Van Ness.
- Major Sweet Tooth, Oreos are my favorite cookie, especially the ‘double stuf’.
- My purse essentials I don’t leave the house without are chapstick 100% need this more than all the others. Mascara, concealer, phone, wallet, and hand sanitizer before it was cool.
- Sunset and sunrise lover, but I struggle being a morning person so I usually enjoy the afternoon set.
- Pet peeve; when someone is not aware of their surroundings and are being disruptive when it’s not appropriate. Talking constantly and loud while at the movie theaters is a prime example.
I hope you’ve been able to get a little kick out my 27 fun facts about me. Let me know if you share anything in common or have questions about anything. Have a wonderful day!
XOXO Your Wandering Flamingo